I’ve tried a TON of different vegan meat options, and I’m honestly not a huge fan of most of them. Either the texture is weird or the taste is off….but something turns me off about them. I had just about given up when I found these guys:
I pretty much spent my entire freshman year of college living off of chicken tenders, cheese fries and ice cream (I gained the freshman 15 and then some!), so I was super excited to find a tender alternative that wouldn’t make me have to buy a new wardrobe! These little guys get super crispy in the oven and have a great texture – I usually cook them up and dip them in hot sauce, with a side of greens. I got creative one night and threw them on a wrap with some veggies and cheese….BOOM! My new favorite snack wrap was born!
- 6 Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- 2 spinach wraps
- 2-3 large kale leaves (or the equivalent chopped up and de-stemmed)
- 1 large roma tomato, sliced
- ½-1 cup of your favorite shredded cheddar cheese (I used Daiya)
- Frank's Red Hot sauce
- Cook tenders according to directions on the package
- When tenders are ready, assemble wraps: layer kale, tomatoes, 3 tenders for each wrap, cheese (you want the cheese on top of the tenders so that it melts), and hot sauce.
- If your oven is still warm, stick the wraps in for about 3 minutes to melt the cheese even more, if that's something that you like
I’ve also made this wrap sans cheese, and it was just as tasty! Veganaise would also be an EXCELLENT addition to this deliciousness!