PJs are on, lights are out, you’re just pulling the covers up around your shoulder and…..*grumble grumble* I can’t even begin to tell you how many times my noisy stomach has pulled me away from my comfortable bed in search of a quick and easy snack that won’t leave me feeling too guilty! Luckily, my friend MJ over at My Vegan Vida posted a picture of avocado toast, a recipe she found in a cookbook called Chloe’s Kitchen. Mind blown! If you know anything about me, then you are aware of my love affair with avocado. With the flavors of lime and salt, along with the whole wheat toast, it almost seems like a deconstructed guacamole! Check out how super easy it is!
- 2 pieces of whole wheat toast (I used Ezekial bread)
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Toast your whole wheat bread - I like mine kind of crispy so that it holds the weight of the avocado.
- When your toast is ready, halve your avocado and cut it into thin slices. You can mash it or keep each half intact, but I prefer this way over the others.
- Place half of the avocado slices on one pieces of bread, and the remaining on top of the second piece.
- Juice half of a lime over both slices of bread.
- Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
This recipe is super easy to double, as you can see in the picture. I can’t believe I went this long without this recipe – don’t make the same mistake I did!
What’s your favorite late night snack? Share in the comments below!